Do you manage a sports club or association? Are you organising an event? Are you looking for support for your initiative, your business or your infrastructure? Here you will find a summary of the potential aid available in the Brussels-Capital Region.
French Community Commission (COCOF)
COCOF supports the French-speaking clubs and non-profit associations (ASBLs) in Brussels in order to allow everyone, whatever their age, gender or social condition, to practise a sport under the best conditions.
- Support for sports projects: "Sport for all" initiatives: COCOF can subsidise sports associations and clubs, constituted as French-speaking ASBLs in the Brussels Region, in order to develop physical and sports activities. The project must fall under one of the following six priorities: Promotion of sport and social mix; Senior sport and health sport; Sport and the fight against social exclusion; Sport, education and fair play; Sport and gender mix; Handisport, adapted sports, inclusion of people with disabilities. https://ccf.brussels/nos-services/sport/subsides-sport/initiatives-sports-pour-tous/
- Operating assistance for sports clubs: COCOF can subsidise the operating costs of sports clubs. The activities must be organised mainly by French-speaking ASBLs with their headquarters in Brussels and aimed at a French-speaking public. https://ccf.brussels/nos-services/sport/subsides-sport/aide-au-fonctionnement-des-clubs-sportifs/
- Women's sports: COCOF can subsidise a non-profit organisation or a sports club which wishes to organise regular sports activities throughout the year in order to enable disadvantaged women to take up or resume sports. https://ccf.brussels/sport-au-feminin/
- Grants for small private infrastructures (PIP): COCOF can subsidise various equipment, development or renovation works for small private sports infrastructures. https://ccf.brussels/nos-services/sport/subsides-sport/aide-a-linvestissements-en-matiere-de-petites-infrastructures-sportives-privees-pip/
- Support for the purchase of investment material and/or carrying out work on a small scale: COCOF can support the Brussels French-speaking ASBLs and sports clubs in their daily activities by financing the purchase of investment material (as well as carrying out work on a small scale). https://ccf.brussels/materiel-sportif-durable-et-ou-petits-travaux/
For more information: https://ccf.brussels/nos-services/sport/subsides-sport/
Flemish Community Commission (VGC)
The VGC is the Dutch-speaking public body which supports non-profit organisations, clubs and public institutions in its sports policies. Various subsidies and services are available to help Brussels residents practise sports activities. Do you want more information about its subsidies? For more information: https://www.vgc.be/subsidies-en-dienstverlening/sport
Brussels Local Authorities (BPL)
The Brussels Region supports the municipalities in the development of municipal sports infrastructures.
Communal infrastructures: the Region can subsidise the construction, extension, renovation and acquisition of outdoor sports fields, swimming pools, sports halls or recreational infrastructures which introduce the practice of sports.
Local communal infrastructures: the Region can subsidise the creation or renovation of local communal sports infrastructures (exercise equipment in parks, fitness trails, jogging paths, petanque courts, multi-sports fields, etc.). They must be close to the houses and have free access, i.e. open to everyone in a neighbourhood.
For more information: https://pouvoirs-locaux.brussels/appels-projets
The Brussels Regional Public Service (BRPS) organises an annual call for "Dynamic Brussels" projects as part of the promotion of the national and international image of the Brussels-Capital Region. The aim of this programme is to support sports associations and clubs which work with young people and associations which have projects in order to strengthen the urban dynamism and quality of life in the region through sport.
For more information: https://dynamic.brussels/fr/
The sports departments of the 19 Brussels municipalities can grant subsidies to sports clubs and associations which are active within the municipality. For more information:
City of Brussels
ADEPS supports sports and leisure federations, sports associations recognised by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, sports clubs affiliated to a sports federation, local sports centres, administrations and municipal non-profit organisations. It can provide various grants and financial assistance:
- Grant for local sports action: https://www.sport-adeps.be/index.php?id=8243
- Grant for the purchase of sports equipment: https://www.sport-adeps.be/index.php?id=8317
- Other grants: https://www.sport-adeps.be/index.php?id=8323
- Loan of sports equipment: https://www.sport-adeps.be/index.php?id=6335
Sport Vlaanderen can grant subsidies to non-profit organisations to support the organisation of sports events. For more information: https://www.sport.vlaanderen/organisatoren-sportevenementen/
Sports organisations and public institutions can obtain support for the construction and renovation of major infrastructures which have an impact on the influence of Brussels as the capital of Belgium and Europe.
Beliris's missions are defined by a Cooperation Committee made up of 6 federal and 6 regional ministers who negotiate together the initiatives to be carried out. You can submit your idea to your municipal administration, which will forward it to the committee.
For more information: http://www.beliris.be